Sunday, February 04, 2007

Statement..... Month 1

Assets

IF current account £143
IF Savings account £500

Liabilities

Mortgage -£133,616
Natwest overdraft -£2365
Sky credit card -£3454

Total Net Worth £138,792

Monthly change -£1,092 (0.79%)
Cumulative change
-£1,092 (0.79%)

Summary

A spectacularly bad start to the project, but also a very unlucky one I think.

Benefits this month are that I have put aside £500 to pay for car bills ( MOT, service, Tax Insurance ) the first of which are due in march and usually go on the credit card so I am ahead with that bill. Also the great result with the Natwest charges, but The money isn't in my account yet!.
Concerns this month. Well, the bill for fixing the car hit this months credit card so that's £2K worse. And generally the number of things that have gone wrong around the house. New monitor, Sky to get fixed and the excess for fixing the roof on the insurance.
Do Next month. I need to get my pay transferred to the new A&L current account so I can take advantage of the 6.1% interest and ultimately close the natwest Account. Also I need to set up a monthly DD into a high interest account for 'Rainy Day' Money that will be left alone. Hopefully not much more will go wrong !

No comments: